The Chod Damaru (Choda) is the central instrument of Chod. It is a sacred Vajrayana implement that, if made correctly, has extraordinary properties:
- It is the dwelling place of the divine feminine, the Dakini;
- It is itself synonymous with the enlightened forms of Prajnaparamita, Vajrayogini and Troma.
- The damaru is the sound of Sunyata or complete openness, a bridge that connects us to the essential source, the basis of being that is beyond name and form.
- It is also a unique channel for the profound blessings and power of the lineage and a portal for the mystical forces that protect the dharma.
- The damaru is thus the sound of the dharma itself and a proclamation of the fearlessness of the solitary yogin or yogini.